- SFCC NM Student Art Exhibit, May – August 2018
- SFCC NM Student Art Exhibit, May – August 2017
- SFCC NM Student Art Exhibit, May – August 2016
- Red Dot Gallery, Santa Fe NM; April – May 2014
- SFCC NM Student Art Exhibit, May – August 2014
- SFCC NM Student Art Exhibit, May – August 2013
- SFCC NM Student Art Exhibit, May – August 2012
- Sculpture Showcase, SFCC NM School of Arts and Design. Jan – Mar 2012
- The Santa Fe Arts Commission Gallery; April – June 2010 “MEANDER”, works inspired by the Santa Fe River Durango Arts Center, June 2009.
- 33rd Annual Juried Exhibition. Durango CO Abecedarian Gallery, Denver CO. Modest in Scale. September 19-November 8, 2008.
- 5th International Book & Paper Arts Triennial, Columbia College for Book & Paper Arts, Chicago Illinois, 2008. Catalog available.
- 23 Sandy Gallery, Portland OR.
- Juried show Secrets and Lies, 2008. On-line catalog.
- Gallery Zipp Annual Book Arts Invitational Shows, Santa Fe NM. 2006 , 2007, and 2008
- Santa Fe Book Arts Group Show at the New Mexico State Capital Rotunda, 2005, 2007 and 2009.
- 2005 Post Card Art Competition/Exhibition, Lake County Museum, Illinois. October 2005- October 2006.
- Santa Fe Book Arts Group Show at the Durango Arts Center, September 2005. Durango CO
- THE ART OF CONVERSATION. Fairley Barnes and Katy Korkos. Mesa Public Library, Los Alamos, NM. December 2016 through January 2017
- TOUCHED BY FIRE: invited participation PEEC Art Show, Mesa Public Library, Los Alamos, NM. April 2010
- “OLD TREE”: Invited installation on the set of Parted Waters, a play by Robert Benjamin at Teatro Paraguas, Santa Fe, February 2010.
- “MEMORY STRINGS”. Installation at Fine Arts Center, Santa Fe Community College, May 2009
- Invitational participation in John Common Boxes, July 2009. Abecedarian Gallery, Denver CO.
- “GROWTH”, a collaborative art installation over the course on 30 days at Mesa Public Library, Los Alamos, NM. Nov 1-30, 2008. Journal: http://growth2008.wordpress.com
- 2008 Lake Plantaginet Invitational, Bemidji, MN. Installation of sculptures within the North Woods environment.
- Ongoing land art installation 2007-2010: Conversations with Time, Santa Fe NM. Ephemeral sculptures including abstract, whimsical, and interactive pieces in a woodland setting. http://fairleybarnes.wordpress.com
- Participation in The Cradle Project, sculpture show and benefit, June 7 – July 30 2008. On-line catalog.
AWARDS and PUBLICATIONS
- On a Wandering Wind, India Flint 2014. Publ. Prophet of Bloom, PO Box 209, Mount Pleasant, S. Australia 5235, Australia
- Modest in Scale, Abecedarian Gallery, Denver CO. Online catalog PDF http://www.abecedariangallery.com
- 5th International Book & Paper Arts Triennial, catalog, July 25 – September 12, 2008. Columbia College Chicago, Center for Book & Paper Arts, Chicago IL
- 500 Handmade Books, Lark Books, July 2008
- The Cradle Project, June 2008, Albuquerque NM. On-line catalog for all sculptures (www.thecradleproject.org) no longer available; published catalog p. 14, item #118.
- Secrets and Lies, March 20 - April 26, 2008; 23 Sandy Gallery, Portland OR; On-line catalog www.23sandy.com.
- NM State Fair Awards 2006. First Place and Second Place awards in professional categories, Book Arts.
- 2005 Post Card Art Competition/Exhibition, Lake County Museum, Illinois. October 2005- October 2006. On-line catalog (www.lcfpd.org/html_lc/pace) no longer available.
EDUCATION & RELEVANT EXPERIENCE
- BA 1964 University of California, Berkeley CA, Biophysics;
- MA 1979 California State University San Jose, Ecology;
- PhD 1986 New Mexico State University, Las Cruces NM, Ecology.
- Paper and Book Intensive 2006 ;
- Independent study with several artists in California and New Mexico from 1990 to present;
- 1992-2004 Los Alamos National Laboratory NM : Extensive work with indigenous peoples in Alaska and the Pacific islands, documenting their cultural and historical knowledge of climate change impacts; managed contracts that utilized the on-site material to produce interactive video kiosks for schools and libraries in several places; initiated school science enrichment programs in the Pacific islands using teacher training, curricula enhancement and multi-disciplinary approaches.1986-2004 Los Alamos National Laboratory NM: Research in pinon-juniper ecosystems, hydrology, and global change issues; administration of research projects and research groups.
- 2008– present: Santa Fe Community College, Fine Arts Department; Santa Fe NM. Certificate in Sculpture awarded Dec 2018. Classes in sculpture, drawing, jewelry.
If you want to see more recent works, browse my Portfolio.
Type your paragraph here.